Content

Monday, February 8, 2016

Light Bulb Aquarium Night Light


This is a night light and aquarium that is built from a light bulb I bought at Goodwill. The bulb is filled with water and aqua plants and a light shines on it from below.  The light is a RGB (red, green, blue) led. The led is controlled by an Arduino microcontroller. The microcontroller has a bluetooth module so the microcontroller can be controlled from my Iphone. The light has two types of settings, static and fade.  From my phone I can choose any color I want the light to be or I can chose between five different fade sequences, each sequence has three speeds of fade.  The box is made from Sapele, which is a type of hardwood from Africa that resembles mahogany. The video below shows the entire build of the lamp.













0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.